Credit Card Processing Checklist
When opening up a merchant account, there are a few items you will need to get approved. Depending on a number of factors, but generally the more
information about your business you can provide, the greater chance you will get approved.
Merchant Account Checklist:
Credit Card Processing Articles
- Merchant Application - all merchant service companies require a merchant application to be completely filled out. Leaving any required fields blank will only
delay the approval process.
- Copy of Voided Check - you must supply a copy of your check for the bank account you will be using to receive your deposits.
If you do not have any checks, you may have the bank write up a letter stating the same information a check would on their letter
head. This includes your business name, account & routing number.
- Copy of Driver's License - due to the patriot act, we must verify your identity. Therefore, we must receive a legible copy of your driver's license.
- Product or Service Information - to accurately underwrite your account, please provide a list of the products and/or services you sell along with
their pricing. A web site with this information will be sufficient. Otherwise, please include this information on a separate sheet of paper.
- Current Processing Statements - if you are currently processing with another provider, please include your last three months of processing
statements to ensure easy approval. If you are requesting a large monthly volume or high average ticket, we may request up to 6 months of
merchant account processing statements.
- Brochure / Store Pictures - If you are not an Internet store, we may request in some cases for a brochure or a picture of your store/inventory.
We also receive fraud ourselves and if we are not 100% sure about an application, this information can
help assure us that the merchant is legitimate.
- Business Financials - if you are requesting a large monthly volume or high average ticket, we may request your business' financials.
Such documents would be a balance sheet and profit & loss statement. Bank statements are helpful, but are generally not considered adequate financials.
Merchant Accounts |
Credit Card Logos |
- Why Should you Accept Credit Cards?
- The Different Types of Merchant Accounts
- How to Avoid Credit Card Processing Downgrades
- Merchant Account Responsibilities
- The Different Types of Credit Card Machines
- What is a Merchant Account?
- Why Avoid Credit Card Terminal Leases?
- 3 Ways to Save Money on Credit Card Processing
- Credit Card Processing Checklist
- Pros & Cons of Credit Card Processing
- What to Expect in Your Monthly Statement
- The History of Credit Card Processing
- Recent History & Future of Credit Card Processing
- The Different Organizations of Merchant Services
- The Glory Details of Disputes, Retrievals & Chargebacks
- Understand All the Risk with Merchant Services
- Factors & Guidelines to Merchant Service Underwriting
- The Life Cycle of a Credit Card Transaction
Merchant Account Articles |
© 2014 Gotmerchant.com, LLC