The Different Types of Credit Card Machines
If you are a retail merchant and need a credit card machine, then you have a number of choices and brands available to you. We have listed your options
below so that you may make an informed decision on the terminal machine that is right for you. When it comes to terminal brands, you have the following
choices: Verifone, Hypercom, Nurit, Ingenico and Way Systems.
Credit Card Processing Articles
- Standard Dial Up Terminal - The most commonly used terminal is your standard unit that works over the phone line. An example would be the
Nurit 2085. This type of terminal has been around for decades and should be for several more.
- IP Based Terminal - a newer type of terminal is called an IP based terminal. This terminal is very similar to standard dial up terminal,
except that it has a module inside that gives it the capability of processing transactions over an Internet connection instead of a phone line.
This type of terminal is great for environments that need very fast processing, like fast food restaurants. An example would be the VeriFone Vx570 terminal.
- Wireless Credit Card Terminal - a wireless terminal is almost identical to a standard unit, except that it works over a wireless
network, such as CDMA or GPRS. This type of terminal is great for merchants on the go, such as trade show vendors and pizza delivery.
An example would be the VeriFone Vx610 terminal.
- Wireless Way Systems Terminal - this type is very similar to a wireless credit card terminal, except that it is a specially designed
cell phone that transmits the information and coordinates it with a very small wireless printer. An example would be the Way Systems 1531 or 1581 terminal.
- Computer Software - the last and least common type of equipment is computer software, such as PC Charge. This allows you to process transactions
on your computer. It would require a magtek card reader and printer. For this type of setup, we would simply recommend using an Internet gateway
service instead of the software. This is done with an Internet merchant account.
It works very similar, except that you do not have to deal with a software program and the glitches that may come with it.
Merchant Accounts |
Credit Card Logos |
- Why Should you Accept Credit Cards?
- The Different Types of Merchant Accounts
- How to Avoid Credit Card Processing Downgrades
- Merchant Account Responsibilities
- The Different Types of Credit Card Machines
- What is a Merchant Account?
- Why Avoid Credit Card Terminal Leases?
- 3 Ways to Save Money on Credit Card Processing
- Credit Card Processing Checklist
- Pros & Cons of Credit Card Processing
- What to Expect in Your Monthly Statement
- The History of Credit Card Processing
- Recent History & Future of Credit Card Processing
- The Different Organizations of Merchant Services
- The Glory Details of Disputes, Retrievals & Chargebacks
- Understand All the Risk with Merchant Services
- Factors & Guidelines to Merchant Service Underwriting
- The Life Cycle of a Credit Card Transaction
Merchant Account Articles |
© 2014 Gotmerchant.com, LLC